Best Shimano Spinning Reel -Top 7 Models Tested & Reviewed!
Versatility and ease. The main two reasons spinning reels are preferred to bait casting or trolling reels. Do we want a high maintenance product? The one that needs over lubrication, that gets clogged when exposed to water, dust, and sand. Of course, not. A pleasant Fishing experience, Yes, that is exactly what we want. Relaxing and easy combined with cost effectiveness. Want something Good? Comfortable and smooth performance wise?
Don’t be surprised if I tell you don’t need to be an advanced fishing expert to get what you need. The answer to all your queries is the Shimano Spinning Reel. Ultra smooth performance to avoid break offs, Comfortably light, wider spool to reduce line twist and increase casting distance, durable, high quality but cost effective too. Shimano produces the best quality spinning reels be it for an intermediate or an expert. Ideal for all fishing.
- The 7 Types of Shimano reels – Comparisons!
- The 7 Types of Shimano reels On The Market in 2019
- 1. Shimano Thunnus 6000 C14 Spinning Reel
- 2. Shimano Curado E Reels
- 3. Shimano Stradic FK Spinning Reel
- 4. Shimano Sahara Spinning Reel
- 5. Shimano Spirex Spinning Reel
- 6. Shimano Sienna Spin Reel
- 7. Shimano Syncopate
- How to choose the best Shimano Reel
- Reel handles
- Drag system
- Final Verdict
- Share this:
The 7 Types of Shimano reels – Comparisons!
|Picture||Product Name||Gear Ratio||Weight||Price|
|Shimano Thunnus 600||4.8:1||18 ounce|
|Shimano Curado E Reels||6.2:1||10.5 ounce|
|Shimano Stradic FK Spinning Reel||6.0 : 1||6.90 ounce|
|Shimano Sahara Spinning Reel||6.2:1||7.2 ounce|
|Shimano Spirex Spinning Reel||6.2:1||9.9 ounce|
|Shimano Sienna Spin Reel||5.2:1||9.5 ounce|
|Shimano Syncopate||5.2:1||8 ounce|
The 7 Types of Shimano reels On The Market in 2019
Saltwater fishing offers a variety of technical challenges that may not be present in other types of fishing like those in lakes and rivers. Together with its Hagane Gear, and other attractive features like Dyna-Balance, and Propulsion Line Management System, the THUNNUS C14 gives you a lifetime experience. What makes simply the best reel?
Legendary drivetrain to reel in the big catch, better castability, decreased friction, improved line lay, comfortable grips, less incidence of backslash and superb max drag settings. And who knows you might even catch the best fighters of the ocean making it an awesome purchase.
30 to 37 inches per crank, isn’t it mind-blowing?
Hell yeah. The THUNNUS provides an excellent retrieve combined with its superior and improved Baitrunner system.Beating even the expensive ones out there in the market.
Highlight Features :
– Unparalleled efficiency with the advanced bait runner drag system,
– Amazing fishing adjustability makes your live bait spinning unsurpassed.
– With 6 ball bearings and 1 roller bearing, the ARB steel makes the THUNNUS 10 times corrosion resistant.
– No need to worry about high maintenance at all.
– With a gear ratio of 4.8:1, it is light in weight too weighing only about 18 ounces.
- Aluminum Sideplate
- Paladin Gear Durability Enhancement
- Propulsion Line Management System
- Varispeed Oscillation
- Repairable Clicker
- Super Stopper II Anti-Reverse
- Floating Shaft
- Fluidrive II Gearing
- Gears have to be taken care of else will get ruined slightly.
Weighing less than the THUNNUS at 10.5 ounces, the CURADO is no less performance wise. It is preferred by tournament anglers mostly to handle heavy lines and bigger baits. The CURADO has an aluminum frame and lightweight graphite for a reliable and smooth performance. Packed with high speed due to its HEG (High-Efficiency Gearing)
Packed with high speed due to its HEG (High-Efficiency Gearing), it provides a high power and torque. It has 7 bearings: S A-RB BB, 5 shielded stainless steel BB, 1 A-RB clutch bearing added with a Superior Variable brake system (VBS).
Highlight Features :
– It has 7 bearings: S A-RB BB, 5 shielded stainless steel BB
– The 1 A-RB clutch bearing is added with a Superior Variable brake system (VBS).
- Dartainium Drag
- Super Stopper II anti reverse to eliminate back play
- Assist Stopper
- Drilled Handle Shank
- Secton PV power grips
- Cold Forged AL Drag Star with clicking adjustment
- Titanium IP line guide
- 1/8 Turn Easy Access Attached Side plate
- Metal Cast Control Knob
- Double Anodized Spool And Handle
- Disengaging Level wind System
- Quickfire Clutch Bar
- Approved For Use In Saltwater
- Rated For Use With Mono, Fluorocarbon And Powerpro Lines
With so many artistic features there are some issues from the fishing view point, however. The most obvious is the oversized side plate. The retrieve ratio is 7.0:1 which necessitates a huge gear. The oversized plate also means the reel hangs down the reel past making a larger surface to palm. If you have used reels weighing less than 7 ounces then again this might feel heavy. Different people have different fishing styles so it all comes down to personal choice.
Smooth, sleek and functional. The Stradic FK reel is everything you wanted it to be. Replacing it with a super stylish platinum finish, it’s featherweight and powerful as ever. With the improvement in technology, the new reel is a tough nut to crack combined with its sturdiness.
The main highlight is the removal of the anti-reverse switch which eradicates the possibility of salt water entering into the body adding to its lifespan.
In the new design friction is reduced by almost 25%, additional ball bearings for smoother rotation, rigidity is increased by 200% and provides a greater power for fighting fish.
– The gear ratio of 6:1 ensures high speed),
– 6 super smooth ball bearings,
– 9 lbs of drag power,
– Efficient power transmission with X ship technology,
– Rigid body with core protects and corrosion treatment. There is no flexing under load, no loss of cranking power either. With the new
– There is no flexing under load, no loss of cranking power either. With the new
– With the new generation, Stradics can be used almost anywhere. With the presence of Core
– With the presence of Core projects on the roller clutch, the drag, and body, it can survive even in the harshest environment.
- Looks great
- Variety of models
- Top notch line casting and management
- Rigid body” Super Core protect and corrosion resistant up to 10 times.
- Efficient power transmission
- smooth drag
- Saltwater approved
- No cranking and Flexing
Some might consider it heavy compared to other reels out there. It may not be super smooth on the highest end of drag range.
Want a trouble free and tangle free reel with excellent castability? Then The Shimano Sahara is the one for you. It comes with an ultra slim M compact body design with silk front drag system and can help you get two different speeds.
Add to the fact that it has an excellent castability and can work in both salt and fresh water easily, it’s a good deal. You can also choose from four different sizes and all are light weight!
You have a super stopper II that can help provide angler the instant hook setting power it needs.
– It is highly versatile
– Due to its Hagane Gear system, it provides immense strength and durability.
– Catch that heavy fish you want without any strain or fatigue because THE SAHARA is very sturdy
– Gear ratio of 6.2:1, and 5 lbs. of max drag and weighs only 260g.
- Accurate casting
- CF aluminum cold forged spool, which helps to increase the strength of the spinning wheel
- Super stopper II
- Propulsion line management system
- Dyna-balance, which helps you get a smooth experience, without any wobbles to distract your work.
- Fluidrive II (polishes the gear surface to maximize tooth contact.)
Some say that it might be difficult to reel
The propulsion line management system reduces line twist and hence it’s the best solution.It boasts of several tops and latest technologies making it a favorite among anglers.
Being light weight, it gives an added benefit of rotating and operating the reel without any trouble (easy one hand casting).
– Being light weight, just the way you want.
– Easy one hand casting.
- Propulsion Line Management System allows the line to flow consistently off the spool.
- Quickfire II casting system as well as a Varispeed osc’ lation to help the device work smoothly.
- Graphite frame and rotor and a Aluminium spool to make things sturdy for you.
- Stainless steel ball bearings and a Ported handle shank
- Rubber handle grips and a fluidrive II system
- Repairable clicker It’s also really light weighing just 9 ounces, with a max drag of 7 lbs.
But the Spirex 2500 can be a tad bit heavy for some people ( 10.9 ounces) when compared to Stella 2500 ( 7.7 ounces).
Going fishing with family on a weekend, want something for large fresh water that too a light one? Well, here is the Shimano Sienna SPIN reel, featherweight but a power packed one. The Shimano Sienna Spin Reel utilizes a M-Compact XGT-7 material to offer a lighter, more rigid body.
It comes in 3 different sizes from the diminutive 500 size to 4000 size, for a perfect freshwater to inshore species fishing experience. The propulsion line management system reduces the backlash by a huge amount and increases the casting distance.
– The body design is very basic or entry level but they offer the performance of high-quality reels.
- Propulsion Spool Lip and a Ported Handle Shank
- S Concept: S guard and S arm cam
- Graphite Frame and a Side plate that adds in the sturdiness you need. You even have a Graphite Rotor to top all!
- The Varispeed Oscillation and aluminum Spool ensures that things work just the way it should.
- Some other advanced features include the Super Stopper II and the Power Roller ll
- The best feature you would love perhaps the Dyna-Balance, that ensures you never lose the balance while on the job
- Very few customers complain about the line capacity that is too small and the weight that could be less.
The Quick Fire II system provides the added bonus of one handed casting.
If we take proper care of this reel, it will give a smooth and reliable performance. It also has smooth and hassles free retrievals.
– Propulsion Line Management System (Spool Lip),
– Forged aluminium spool,
– Varispeed oscillation, DynaBalance,
– Wobble free rotor design,
– Power Roller II (line twist reducing roller),
– Ported handle, four shielded ball bearings.
- Graphite frame side plate
- Rotor quick fire casting trigger
- Performance complimenting good looks
- Balancing can be tricky at times, but depends on how you handle it.
How to choose the best Shimano Reel
After all the research and learning comes the big question? INVESTMENT. Exactly, do you at all want to buy the product? If, so how will you choose? Well, worry no more. Just read on to find out.Basically we take four main aspects into consideration: Reel handle, spool, bearing and drag system.
Reel handles are crucial to fishing. They come in different shapes, sizes and lengths. The choice is solely personal at the end of the day however. Double reel handles provides better grip and balance. So while retrieving you are in a better off position. But some high quality single handles perform great too. Choose as you want.
Mostly affect the casting distance and hold the line, thereby offering smooth performance. Now, the important thing that we have to notice is what they are made up of: anodized aluminum or graphite, graphite is super light, so there’s increased efficiency. Whereas aluminum performs well under pressure, hence sturdy.
Silky smooth, super smooth or just smooth? Fishing overall should be just SMOOTH. How do we get that? The number of bearings a reel has determines its smoothness ensuring longevity. Higher the bearing, better the quality, hence increased durability and efficiency.
Hate the struggles involved with a fighting fish? That’s when drag system comes to rescue. Drag helps in applying pressure during the hassle. Without the drag system you might break the rod and all your investment will go wasted. You definitely don’t want that. So, make sure to check the drag system.
Want best quality reels at a low price? Have money, and want to invest in a high-quality reel? Turning hobby to passion? Be whatever the query, the answer is SHIMANO SPINNING REEL. Made with advanced and latest technology, these reels will give you a whole new level of fishing experience.